Call of the Wild Quiz on Chapters V - VII
1. How many days of rest does Buck get in his last 1,800 miles?
2. Why did Buck not want to go with Charles and Hal?
a) They sang loud songs all the time.
b) They whipped Buck.
c) Buck thought they were inexperienced.
3. How do Hal and Charles pack the sled?
a) They pack the heavy things on top, and the sled overturns.
b) They pack the heavy things on the bottom, and the sled guides easily through the snow.
c) They pack only the essentials, leaving the sled light for the trip.
4. Charles and Hal's sled was heavier because ________ .
a) the dogs took turns riding on the sled.
b) Mercedes rode.
c) they carried extra salmon for the dogs.
5. What happened to Dave?
a) He fell through the ice and drowns.
b) He got a strange illness and was too weak to work.
c) The wild dogs kill him.
d) He ran away after hearing the wolves.
6. What do the dogs eat after their supply of food runs out (due to Mercedes' overfeeding at the beginning of the trip)?
b) wild animals they find on the trail
7. What happens to Hal, Charles, and Mercedes?
a) They are attacked by the Yeehats and are killed.
b) They make it to Dawson.
c) They fall into the icy lake and die.
8. Why does Buck love John Thornton more than any of his previous owners?
a) Because Thornton allows Buck to live inside the cabin.
b) Because Thornton loves his dogs like he would his own children.
c) Because Thornton gives him plenty to eat.
9. Why do the men not kill Buck for attacking "Black" Burton?
a) Buck was only protecting himself.
b) "Black" Burton was mean and deserved to die.
c) They felt he was only protecting his master.
10. How does Buck rescue John Thornton?
a) He swims out to Thornton in the fast moving river and carries a rope for the men to pull him to safety.
b) He takes an arrow from the Yeehats that was meant for Thornton.
c) He rescues Thornton from a moose.
11. What does Thornton do with his winnings from the bet?
a) buys a log cabin
b) celebrates and blows it all in Dawson
c) buys supplies to go gold digging
d) pays his bills
12. What do Thornton and his partners find after a long search?
a) a hidden map
13. What does Buck find when he returns from hunting his moose?
a) The camp has been moved.
b) The Yeehats have attacked Thornton's camp.
c) A pack of wild dogs have killed everyone in camp.
14. Buck completely changed into a wild dog after _____ .
a) he lost John Thornton
b) he found a mate
c) he killed the rabbit
d) he killed the Yeetahs
15. The Yeehats called Buck ______ .
a) the Wild One
b) an Evil Spirit
c) Mixed Breed
d) Dog of Man