Because of Winn Dixie Chapter 8 - 13
1. When Winn Dixie smiled he _____ .
2. When Opal walked into the pet store what did Gertrude do?
a) squawked "dog" and landed on Winn Dixie's head
b) fell asleep
c) bit Winn Dixie's nose
d) pecked Winn Dixie's head
3. What did Sweetie Pie invite Opal to?
a) to sleep over
b) to her cook out
c) to her birthday party
d) to swim in her backyard
4. What did Glory Dump feed Winn Dixie every time she saw him?
a) peanut butter
b) dog food
5. What did Gloria Dump and Opal plant?
b) a tree
d) a vegetable patch
6. What was Winn Dixie afraid of?
a) thunder storms
7. What did Otis do to calm the pets in the store?
a) fed them
b) sang to them
c) rubbed their backs
d) played his guitar
8. Why would Opal's father NOT want her to work at the pet store?
a) Otis, the store clerk, had been in jail.
b) Opal was suppose to be in church at the time the store was open.
c) He thought Opal was too young to work.
d) He was afraid Opal would get a disease.
9. What were the names of the boys that liked to pick on Opal?
a) Billy and Cody
b) Louis and Josh
c) Dunlap and Stevie
d) Nick and Colt
10. What was Gloria Dump's yard like?
a) a jungle
b) neat and tidy
c) very small
d) prize winning