Old Yeller Part 3 Chapters 9 - 12
1. How can each farmer tell if a pig belongs to him?
a) Each group of pigs is kept in a different field.
b) Each pig has a different series of notches cut in its ears.
c) Each pig is branded with a different branding iron.
2. What was Travis's method of gathering up the pigs?
a) He would scatter them in different areas of the woods so he could brand them one at a time.
b) He would steer them into a pen.
c) He would chase them into a cave.
d) He would climb a tree and Old Yeller would keep them close so he could lift them up one at a time.
3. What special thing does Travis want to see on the other side of Salt Branch?
a) bat caves
b) the river
4. What mistake does Travis make when he is branding the pigs?
a) He turns around and is rammed in the back by a hog.
b) He is backed next to cliff by the boars and has no way of escaping.
c) He gets into the middle of the boars.
d) He stands on a cliff where the earth is not stable and falls into the center of the boars.
5. Where is Travis hurt?
6. Why does Travis want to return to Salt Branch?
a) to finish branding the pigs
b) to get Old Yeller
c) to get his rifle
d) to see the bats
7. What does Mama use to sew up Old Yeller?
a) hair from Jumper's tail
b) thread from the hem of her dress
c) a piece of raw hide
8. Why does Mama want Little Arliss to find her a green-striped lizard?
a) to use in her stew
b) so Little Arliss won't see how hurt Old Yeller is
c) so Little Arliss will have a new pet
9. How does Mama get Old Yeller home?
a) Mama carries Old Yeller.
b) Travis holds him while he rides Jumper.
c) Jumper pulls him on a cow hide.
10. What present does Lisbeth bring Travis?
a) a dog collar for Old Yeller
b) a new shirt she sewed
c) a ham from the hog they butchered
d) one of Old Yeller's pups