1. What was the most perilous challenge Russell and Piper gave Maniac to do?
A. kiss the American bison baby
B. go into East Side
C. knock on Finsterwald’s door
2. When Maniac raced Mars Bar, he caused more trouble, and Mars Bar now hated Jeffrey Magee. Why?
A. he disgraced him by running backwards
B. he disgraced him by skipping the last yards
C. he disgraced him by hopping the last yards
3. Why did Maniac get mad at Russell and Piper?
A. they got his baseball
B. they got Amanda’s book
C. they got Grayson’s glove
4. Why did Maniac start sleeping in people’s backyard’s or on their porches?
A. he thought they owed it to him
B. he thought they would welcome him
C. he thought they would not mind
5. In July, Maniac was running and felt as if someone was following him. Who turned out to be running at the same time?
A. John McNab
B. Mars Bar
C. Amanda Beale
6. What happened to Russell?
A. fell down a mountain of coal
B. got hit by a car
C. got stuck on the trestle in front of trolley
7. Why did Maniac not save Russell?
A. he was afraid of the trestle
B. he avoided the trestle because of his parent’s deaths
C. Mars Bar saved him first
8. Mars Bar brought Amanda to the buffalo pen and fusses at Maniac. She tells him what he will and won’t do. All the while, Maniac says nothing because he knows he has finally found what?
A. home and school
B. friends and school
C. home and family