1. After Jeffrey eats at the Pickwell’s, the children follow him outside and find him running:
A. the cinders along the track
B. the wooden ties
C. the steel rails
D. the side of the road
2. McNab had the greatest fastball. Jeffrey hit every ball he threw to him, so McNab went and got _____________ to pitch.
C. baby chick
3. Which one of the following did not help Jeffrey become known as “Maniac”?
A. intercepting the Denehy pass and punting back
B. rescuing Arnold Jones from Finsterwald’s back yard
C. yelling “Talk, Talk” and running away
D. hitting McNab’s fastball and bunting frogball
4. Where is Maniac living?
A. moose shed at Elmwood Park Zoo
B. deer shed at Elmwood Park Zoo
C. oxen shed at Elmwood Park Zoo
D. fox shed at Elmwood Park Zoo
5. John McNab got so mad, he wanted to punish Maniac. He and his gang, “The Cobras” did what?
A. beat him up
B. chased him out of town
C. threw him in Finsterwald’s backyard
D. chased him into the black side of town
6. Mars Bar Thompson confronted Maniac. He offered him a bite of his candy bar. When Maniac took a bite, there was dead silence on the street. Why?
A. Maniac dropped the candy bar
B. Mars Bar never offered anyone a bite
C. people don’t eat after each other especially white/black at this time
D. Maniac and Mars Bar were not friends
7. Maniac was trying to fix the torn page of the book Amanda had let him borrow. Amanda sees Mars Bar with Maniac and her torn book. Why is she so upset?
A. her little brother and sister tear up everything of hers they can get a hold of
B. Mars Bar always tears her books up
C. she only has a few books
D. Maniac promised to take care of it
8. The Beale’s invite Maniac to stay. Before he can sleep, he must:
A. take a bath
B. go out to get his address
C. say goodnight to Mr. & Mrs. Beale
D. call his aunt & uncle
9. What was Maniac allergic to?
10. Everybody called Jeffrey “Maniac”. When asked what his name was, he would reply, “My name is Jeffrey. You know me.” Why?
A. he didn’t like the nickname
B. he didn’t want tot lose the last thing he had from his parents
C. he wanted to be called by his aunt & uncle’s name
D. he thought people were not listening to him.