The Cay Chapters 17 - 19
1. What did Phillip want to eat besides the coconuts he found?
2. How did Phillip catch the lobsters?
a. with a stick
b. with a net
c. in a cage
3. How did Phillip get hurt?
a. He twisted his ankle in a deep hole.
b. A sea gull pecked his face.
c. A moray eel bit his arm.
4. Why did the first plane not see Phillips signal fire?
a. The plane was too far away.
b. The smoke was white.
c. The smoke went behind the palm trees.
5. What did Phillip decide to burn to make the smoke black?
b. palm fronds
c. sea grape
6. On August 20, 1942 what loud sound did Phillip hear?
7. How did Phillip feel when the second plane passed Phillip by without stopping?
b. like he wanted to die
8. When Phillip was rescued what was the only item he wanted from the island?
a. Timothy's knife
b. sea shells
c. a carving he had made
9. How would Phillip"his" little island when he returned?
a. by closing his eyes and feeling it
b. He had a map of where he was.
c. The coast guard would take him.
Return to The Cay Index