Chapters 11 and 12
1. How was Phillip able to get around the island?
a. by using the rope to get to the beach then by using a cane
b. Timothy would lead him around
c. by following Stew Cat
2.What did Timothy think about Stew Cat?
a. He was a cute, cuddly cat.
b. He was bad luck.
c. He was good at catching his own food.
3. What happened to Timothy the morning after he and Phillip talked about voodoo?
a. He was on the north side of the island cutting wood.
b. He went crabbing.
c. He was on the east side of the island building a raft.
4. What worried Phillip about Timothys behavior?
a. Phillip was afraid Timothy was going to leave him on the island alone.
b. Stew Cat was missing and he thought Timothy might have him.
c. Timothy kept forgetting things.
5. Why did Timothy put the raft in the ocean?
a. to see if it would float
b. to water proof the boards
c. to put Stew Cat on it long enough for him to chase away the jumbi
6. Why did Timothy wake up one morning with a fever?
a. He had malaria.
b. He had an ear infection.
c. He had chicken pox.
7. How did Timothy act while he was sick?
a. fever and chills, then acting out of his mind
b. like he was in a coma
c. sweating and screaming in pain
8. What did Timothy do while he was sick?
a. rolled around in the sand at the beach
b. climbed a palm tree
c. ran into the ocean
9. How did Timothy feel after the fever broke?
Return to The Cay Index
a. He never fully regained his strength again.
b. He was fine, just like before he got sick.